- Fri, 13:30: For some reason, I don't mind working on Fridays. Sitting in the lab on the afternoon doesn't bug me on Friday like the rest of the week.
- Fri, 13:30: Maybe it's because I know that when I go home, I get to stay there for a few days.
- Fri, 14:51: Photo: Just doin’ some science. You know. http://tumblr.com/xg21t86wuj
- Fri, 16:43: There is some repetitive high pitched whine that won't stop, and some lady just SPRAYED PERFUME. #publictransportation #killmenow
- Fri, 16:52: This high pitched whine is about to make me scream.
- Fri, 17:37: Exciting: getting an unexpected package Not Exciting: the package being scrapbooking paper I forgot my mom ordered
- Fri, 21:37: @ShadesofLennon RT @ebertchicago The concert of the music from "O Brother Where Art Thou?" Here's their info: http://bit.ly/fd8M3k
- Fri, 21:38: @ShadesofLennon Dunno if you have Netflix or not, but though you'd be interested in that.
- Fri, 21:59: @beccaburley http://bit.ly/f2cpOp One LotR genderswap I found.
- Fri, 22:23: RT @beccaburley: THEY SHOULD STOP REVIVING DALEKS. RT @graceishuman: The Doctor should stop being surprised when a group of Daleks survive.
mine is an evil laugh
19 March 2011 @ 12:02 pm
18 March 2011 @ 12:02 pm
- Thu, 12:40: It is SO HARD to reprogram yourself to stop eating when you're satisfied instead of finishing all the food just because it's there.
- Thu, 12:45: And it's also sad that so many of the societal messages about food make it hard to hear your own body's voice. Learning to listen ...
- Thu, 13:28: I just got really snappy at a girl in my program, but she was just saying THE DUMBEST things. Ugh. Can't be bothered with stupid people.
- Thu, 13:48: Twitter family, I am so very glad that you are in my life. I love you all so much. <3
- Thu, 14:37: Last night at trivia, another team was named "Steve Holt," and whenever the guy called their name, I threw my fists up and said STEVE HOLT!
- Thu, 14:38: And nooo ooone in my team got it. :(
- Thu, 21:09: Hookah isn't the same without the ladybug, @beccaburley, @jessiefulks, @citgtt, and @SongBird154.
- Fri, 00:12: Things I Need to Stop Doing: eating entire rolls of Mentos in one sitting.
- Fri, 00:31: Photo: laurannevans: Commentary win. http://tumblr.com/xg21t2cdk3
- Fri, 00:45: No reason to still be awake. But I'll probably watch some Friends before sleep time anyway. #howiroll
17 March 2011 @ 12:02 pm
- Wed, 12:28: It smells like someone burned toast in the lab. Burning smells are NEVER good when you're around this many chemicals. Eep.
- Wed, 12:28: So, for anyone who actually went to sleep like a normal person last night, I read Rebecca Held Evans' book "Evolving in Monkey Town."
- Wed, 12:28: And I completely highly recommend it. I don't think I've ever identified with anyone else the way I did with her.
- Wed, 12:29: Found it rec'd on @RunMichael 's blog, got it on my Kindle 5 minutes later (technology!), and finished it at 2 am. Loved it.
- Wed, 15:05: Just learned how to section frozen tissue samples. Ah, science.
- Wed, 15:21: Photo: http://tumblr.com/xg21sjsvc8
- Wed, 15:58: Welp. Guess it's time to head home so I can do a wee bit of grocery shopping and then go to trivia night.
- Wed, 17:28: I haven't had an apple in a long time. Delicious. http://yfrog.com/h3n3tgzj
- Wed, 19:56: People here don't seem to appreciate my ability to sing every word of We Didn't Start the Fire.
- Wed, 22:11: I think nonfiction is going to help me recover my love of reading. http://yfrog.com/h4z53flj
16 March 2011 @ 12:05 pm
- Tue, 12:23: Academic professional friends: Any resources on CV design? I have a general idea on content, but I'm stuck as to aesthetics. (@iantrevor)
- Tue, 12:35: Photo: gabifresh: I love how often this shows up on my dash. http://tumblr.com/xg21s597xz
- Tue, 14:08: I am the Queen of the Internet Creepers, y'all.
- Tue, 16:13: RT @HUQueerPress: #StateOfTheGay authors release statement responding to those who have distorted the message and spirit of the zine htt ...
- Tue, 16:31: I Tweeted the "I got off the plane" line from the Friends finale on 6/29/09, 5/12/10, 9/12/10, and 2/26/11. I may have a problem.
- Tue, 16:33: Is it worth $20 to have BackUpMyBlog back everything up so that I can delete a bunch of old blogs?
- Tue, 17:06: I AM SO CREEPY. UGH.
- Tue, 22:00: Photo: nudiemuse: Reblogging for commentary. http://tumblr.com/xg21sbwi9i
- Tue, 22:01: Photo: litmajorlemur: I am in a cardigan FEVER right now. Litmajorlemur and fyeahenglishmajorarmadillo are... http://tumblr.com/xg21sbxby9
- Tue, 22:47: I just started reading Evolving in Monkey Town by Rebecca Held Evans, and so far, it is so exactly my life that I'm about to cry of...